Rules and Regulations:
“Arts Fiesta Photography Competition” Photography Contest (“Contest”)
Theme: Any and every thing about the Arts. Arts has no boundary, and it does not matter whether the photo is taken inside or outside of NP, as long as its Arts (in your opinion).
The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
1. The Contest is open to all current students and staff of Ngee Ann Polytechnic (“Participants”).
(B) Contest Mechanics
1. The Contest period is from 17 Sept 2012 to 25 Nov 2012, both dates inclusive (“Contest Period”).
2. Participants are required to submit their entries via (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
-1. Full Name
-2. Student Number
-3. Contact Number
-4. Email Address
-5. School/Course and Year
3. Participants are allowed to submit a maximum of five photographs. Each photograph must be accompanied by a short caption as well as a short phrase of not more than 50 words explaining its relevance to the theme.
Entries must be submitted by 25 Nov 2012, 2359hrs.
1. There will be a total of five (5) winners under Students Category.
2. The prizes are:
1st Prize – S$ 200 cash voucher
2nd Prize – S$ 150 cash voucher
3rd Prize – S$ 100 cash voucher
2 Consolation Prizes – S$ 50 cash voucher each
3. There will be a total of three (3) winners under Staff Category.
4. The prizes are:
3 x Merit Awards- S$ 30 cash voucher each
5. All winners will be notified via the email address and contact number provided by the participants. The Prizes must be claimed by 30 Nov 2012.
6. Ngee Ann Photography Club reserves the right to select reserve winners to replace any winner subsequently disqualified.
7. Prizes are not exchangeable and non-transferable and not replaceable if lost or stolen.
8. Winners are required to submit the original image to Ngee Ann Photography Club for verification before the prize can be collected. Failure by the winner to comply with this Clause shall result in his/her disqualification.
9. Ngee Ann Photography Club reserves the right to replace any prizes with items of similar value without prior notice.
1. No watermarks, identifying marks or signatures on the photographs are allowed.
2. Image enhancements may be applied to optimize an entry for the competition. However, no manipulation of the images relating to the reality of the image will be allowed.
3. All photographs, artworks, statements and/or ideas (collectively the “Materials”) submitted by any Participant shall be the original creation of that Participant. It is the duty of the Participant to ensure that the entries do not infringe any trademark and/or copyright and/or intellectual property rights of any third party.
4. Winners of the contest will retain the copyright of the submitted images. Ngee Ann Photography Club will be granted unrestricted, royalty-free use of the images and the winner’s name and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes of future photography competitions or such other similar or related events without additional compensation.
5. Ngee Ann Photography Club will not be held liable for any copying, re-posting or unlawful use of the submitted photograph/work.
6. The decision of Ngee Ann Photography Club on all matters relating to or in connection with the Contest shall be final.
7. Ngee Ann Photography Club may without notice or liability to any party:
-1. modify the Contest;
-2. vary these Terms & Conditions or discontinue the Contest; or
-3. substitute, withdraw or cancel any prize without disclosing any reason and without any payment or compensation whatsoever.
8. The following will result in the disqualification of entries and may result, if discovered after the award of the prize, in the revoking of the prize. Participants agree that the list below is not exhaustive:
-1. Submission is received after 25 Nov 2012, 2359hrs;
-2. Submission fails to comply with the entry procedure determined by Ngee Ann Photography Club;
-3. Photograph/work that had previously won an award in another competition or one that has been announced as the winner of an award;
-4. Photograph/work that is the same as or similar to that already published;
-5. Photograph/work that infringes on copyright, industrial property right, intellectual property rights or other rights of any other photograph/work;
-6. Photograph/work banned from exhibition or publication;
-7. Any of these Terms and Conditions are breached or disregarded;
-8. Any entry that does not meet any of the criteria of the Contest;
-9. Any entry submitted with invalid, incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information;
-10. Where the entry contains obscene, racist, unethical, dangerous, violent, politically motivated, sexual inference or legally objectionable material, or material that may infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights.